HIGHLIGHTS OF EXECUTIVE MEETING HELD ON 14th NOVEMBER, 2014
Place of Meeting: MCTA Office, Mc Donald Hill Aizawl
Members Present: 17
Meeting Chairman Pu Thanglura, President.
Report by the Chairman: It was reported that Annual Conference 2014 shall be combined with Seminar Programme. The State level seminar on “Framework of Quality Management in Higher Education: the Mizoram Context” shall be held on 9th December 2014 which will be followed by Conference Programme on 10th December 2014. These programmes shall be held at Synod Conference Centre, Aizawl.
Report by Treasurer: Pu H.Lalnunmawia, Treasurer, MCTA Hqrs reported the financial position of the Headquarters as follows:
Expenditure on Renovation of MCTA Office Rs.81,328.00
Balance in General Fund: Rs.84,574.00
Balance in Condolence Fund: Rs.1,20,256.00
Report by General Secretary: Dr.P.L.Ramliana reported on the latest position of Branch reports having been received from 20 Branches. The new edition of MCTA Constitution incorporating the latest amendments is almost completed for circulation. The G/S also highlighted on the agenda submitted by various Branches. These are scrutinised and classified for discussion/explanations.
Headquarters Agenda: The following are proposed as agenda from the Headquarters.
1). Let the MCTA intensify its pressure on the MZU to conduct Semester examinations (1st to 6th Semesters).
2). Steps should be taken to let the state government to give priority on 10% matching share for RUSA scheme.
3). Steps should be taken for college teachers to take a more active role in matters of Evaluation process.
Preview of Conference 2014 Programme: It is decided that 2-days programme be held for Conference and Seminar for this year in which Seminar will be held on the first day and Conference on the next day. Detail Programme should be prepared by the President and General Secretary.
Duties and responsibilities on Conference and Seminar are also assigned as follows:
Banner & Decoration: Govt.T.Romana College
Dinner & Refreshment: Govt. Aizawl College
Reception & Ushering Govt. Johnson College.
ANNUAL GENERAL CONFERENCE 2014 TO BE HELD ON 9 & 10 DECEMBER
The MCTA Annual General Conference 2014 is scheduled to be held on 9th and 10th December at Synod Conference Centre, Aizawl. The Conference will be combined with Seminar Programme. The State Level Seminar on 'Framework of Quality Management in Higher Education: The Mizoram Context" will be held on 9th December, 2014 which will be followed by Conference Programme on 10th December, 2014. To this effect the MCTA General Secretary has issued circular to all member branches of the Association.
All MCTA branches are requested to submit their Annual Branch Report and Agenda on or before 7th November 2014. A common proforma for Branch Report is to used which may be downloaded here or from the download menu.
Branch contributory funds of Rs 500/- per member (conference fund @ Rs 150/-, condolence fund @ Rs 300/- and annual membership fee @ Rs 50/ for existing members and Rs 100/- for new members) may also be submitted along with the report. The contributory fund may be credited to MCTA's SBI Account No. 32666037946 or directly handed over to the treasurer Mr. H.Lalnunmawia (ph. no. 9436153505), Govt. T.Romana College.
MINUTES OF EXECUTIVE MEETING HELD ON 01.10.2014
The MCTA Hqrs Executive Meeting which was held on 1.10.2014 discussed and resolved the following:
1. In pursuance of the Notification issued by Controller of Examinations, Mizoram University, two representatives of our Association for the Committee on Undergraduate Examination were selected by the Executive meeting. This Committee will look into the matter relating to evaluation of the first four semesters of Undergraduate examinations. The MCTA representatives are:
1) Pu Thanglura, President
2) Pu Lalrochama, Secretary i/c Information
Other members of the Committee so constituted by the MZU are:
1) Controller of Examinations Chairman
2) Principal, Pachhunga University College Member
3) Princpal, Govt.Aizawl College Member
4) Principal, Govt.Hrangbana College Member
5) Principal, T.Romana College Member
6) Principal, Lunglei Govt. College Member
7) Principal, Govt. Champhai College Member
8) One representative of PUCTA Member
9) Director, H&TE or her representative Member
10) Deputy Registrar, Examination Convener
2. Conferment of MCTA Award: A special Committee has been formed to look into the matter of MCTA award to meritorious college teachers. Members of the Committee are: 1) Dr.C.Lalremruata—Convener 2) Dr.B.Lalrinsanga—Member 3) Pu Zirlianngura—Member. It is expected that the award will be given away this year.
3. MCTA Annual Conference: MCTA Annual Conference 2014 is scheduled to be held as follows:
a) Date of the Conference 9th or 10th December)
b) Venue: Beraw Tlang Aizawl (subject to availability)
c) Date of submission of Branch agenda: On or before 7th November 2014
d) Date of Audit of MCTA Accounts: 14th November 2014
e) Auditors: Pu T.Thangfala, GAC- Sr.Auditor, Pu Lalchangliana,GHBC- Jr.Auditor
4. TA/DA of Experts: It is proposed that clarification regarding who is to bear TA/DA of Experts in Screening Committees should be sought from the UGC by sending written request.
5. Retirement Age at 65: It is decided that retirement age at 65 years as provided by the UGC Regulations 2010 should be brought up to the Govt. of Mizoram by way of discussion with the concerned Minister.
7. Filling up of vacant posts: The MCTA will once again press for filling up of vacant posts in different colleges of Mizoram.
8. Renovation of MCTA Committee Room and Replacement of old furniture: MCTA office room has been renovated with new paints and new carpet. New chairs, almirah, tables will be purchased.