Circular dated 8.8.2011
MCTA-81/1/2007 Dt 8.8.2011
To The Secretary MCTA Branch Govt/Def_______________________College
Sub: Apprisal of Executive meeting resolutions
This is to apprise you extract of the Executive Comittee meeting resolutions of 3.8.2011 and further to request you to take necessary follow-up action as required in certain matters as follows:
01. Annual Conference 2011- regarding: It is reported that no Branches had submitted willingness to host the Annual Conference 2011, and hence the meeting decided to hold at Aizawl (either Aizawl Club or Synod conference Hall) on 17.11.2011 hosted by the Hqrs. All Branches are requested to submit Conference agendum, Branch report using format of the previous year, membership fees & other contribution per head as follow, latest by 31.10.2011:
Annual membership fee : Rs 50, Condolence Fund and Rs 300 Conference Fee : Rs 100 Total Rs 450/-(per head). It is further agreeable to facilitate submission of fees by credit system through the saving Bank account of the MCTA Hqrs. Branches may kindly keep in touch with
Dr.PL Ramliana, Treasurer for further details and information of MCTA Hqrs a/c No. etc.
02. Appointment of Auditors: The meeting unanimously appointed Dr R.Lalnuntluanga (GANC) and Dr.Zirlianngura (GZRSC) to audit MCTA Hqrs Books of Account (2011) on 11.11.2011.
03. Disbursement of State Arrears: The meeting discussed inordinate delay in disbursing pay arrears from the state government. It is resolved to impress upon the State Govt. to release pay arrears admissible in cash from the approved budget as early as possible. Further it is reported that regarding 80% arrear from the central govt., AIFUCTO has been pursuing the matter for delinking central assistance and superannuation age for early release of 80% arrear from the central govt.
04. API-regarding: A request for review of API with certain modifications has been kept pending for quite sometime. It is however, learnt that as per the request made by our leadership HTE Secretariate stated that the concerned file shall be processed immediately to avoid further delay.
05. Setting of UG Question Papers: It is reported that certain departments of the MZU set UG Question Papers that has created a lot of problems for the students and teachers as well. It is decided that UG Question Papers and practical questions must be set only by the UG teachers not of the PG teachers. Authority concerned shall be requested accordingly.
06. FPA- regarding: It is learnt that no FPA benefit as per the revised pay is given to College teachers till date. The meeting resolved to submit representation to fix the rate and extend the benefit as soon as possible.
07. Implementation of 65: As regard to implementation of superannuation age to 65, no progress has been noted. Moreover, it is reported that there is no chance for inclusion in the agenda of the coming Cabinet meeting likely to be held during 8-9, Nov,2011 due to shortage of time. Further, in line with AIFUCTO’s demonstration demanding release of 80% central assistance, the meeting decided to submit representation to the two MPs from Mizoram.
08. Payment of Honorarium: As already kept in mind the meeting decided to pay honorarium of Rs 10000/- as a token of our gratitude, to dealing staff of A&T office & their assistance who are actively involved overtime in issuance of pay slips of college teachers.
09. Appointment of Guest Lecturers: It is learnt that due to non-payment of salary to Guest Lecturers in general, some colleges could not run regular classes in certain subjects that has created problems for individual colleges. The meeting is of the view that the MCTA Hqrs has nothing to do with this rather they are advised to approach Principal concerned to take necessary step in order to redress their grievances.
10. Incentive for Ph.D. holders: It is learnt that incentive (3 non-compounded advance increment) has not been processed for some of the teachers who have completed their Ph D degree in recent years. It is also noted that advance increments given to Ph D holders have been absorbed when the revised UGC pay is effected. This has created problems for senior teachers with PhD. However, we are informed that the department concerned is seeking clarification from the UGC as to how Ph D incentive has to be extended and hence informed us to wait till the matter is clarified.
11. Extension of the date for RC/OC courses for CAS: There have been requests for extension of RC/OC deadline for CAS. After discussion it is stated that AIFUCTO has requested the extension of the date to 31.3.2012 and hence decided to wait till the response is received. Trust this information update you on MCTA activities and suffice your querries on some specific issues. For any further clarifications please do not hesitate to get back through letters or over phone.