MINUTES OF EXECUTIVE MEETING HELD ON 01.10.2014
The MCTA Hqrs Executive Meeting which was held on 1.10.2014 discussed and resolved the following:
1. In pursuance of the Notification issued by Controller of Examinations, Mizoram University, two representatives of our Association for the Committee on Undergraduate Examination were selected by the Executive meeting. This Committee will look into the matter relating to evaluation of the first four semesters of Undergraduate examinations. The MCTA representatives are:
1) Pu Thanglura, President
2) Pu Lalrochama, Secretary i/c Information
Other members of the Committee so constituted by the MZU are:
1) Controller of Examinations Chairman
2) Principal, Pachhunga University College Member
3) Princpal, Govt.Aizawl College Member
4) Principal, Govt.Hrangbana College Member
5) Principal, T.Romana College Member
6) Principal, Lunglei Govt. College Member
7) Principal, Govt. Champhai College Member
8) One representative of PUCTA Member
9) Director, H&TE or her representative Member
10) Deputy Registrar, Examination Convener
2. Conferment of MCTA Award: A special Committee has been formed to look into the matter of MCTA award to meritorious college teachers. Members of the Committee are: 1) Dr.C.Lalremruata—Convener 2) Dr.B.Lalrinsanga—Member 3) Pu Zirlianngura—Member. It is expected that the award will be given away this year.
3. MCTA Annual Conference: MCTA Annual Conference 2014 is scheduled to be held as follows:
a) Date of the Conference 9th or 10th December)
b) Venue: Beraw Tlang Aizawl (subject to availability)
c) Date of submission of Branch agenda: On or before 7th November 2014
d) Date of Audit of MCTA Accounts: 14th November 2014
e) Auditors: Pu T.Thangfala, GAC- Sr.Auditor, Pu Lalchangliana,GHBC- Jr.Auditor
4. TA/DA of Experts: It is proposed that clarification regarding who is to bear TA/DA of Experts in Screening Committees should be sought from the UGC by sending written request.
5. Retirement Age at 65: It is decided that retirement age at 65 years as provided by the UGC Regulations 2010 should be brought up to the Govt. of Mizoram by way of discussion with the concerned Minister.
7. Filling up of vacant posts: The MCTA will once again press for filling up of vacant posts in different colleges of Mizoram.
8. Renovation of MCTA Committee Room and Replacement of old furniture: MCTA office room has been renovated with new paints and new carpet. New chairs, almirah, tables will be purchased.