General Conference 2013 Held Successfully
The 35th MCTA Annual General Conference was held successfully at Art & Culture Auditorium, Berawtlang, Aizawl, on 11.12.2013. The inaugural function was graced by Dr Lalnuntluangi, Director, Higher & Technical Education, Mizoram, as chief guest and 235 members of the association attended the conference. In the business session the following agenda were passed:
1. Resolved that the MCTA Hqrs. take necessary actions to decide who is to bear the TA/DA/Sitting Allowances of Experts for Screening Committee/Selection Committee. It also resolved that the said expenditure should not be borne by individuals.
2. Resolved that the MCTA Hqrs. take necessary actions to depute persons from the teaching faculty of Govt. colleges in Mizoram to the post of Deputy Secretary in Higher and technical Education Department, Govt. of Mizoram.
3. Resolved that the Govt. of Mizoram be pressurised to implement superannuation age as per UGC Regulations
4. Resolved that the MCTA Headquarters take necessary actions for early payment of Medical Reimbursement (MR) Bills
5. Resolved that the MZU Authority be pressurised to allow college teachers to guide/supervise M.Phil/Ph.D students
6. As Semester system has been introduced and as the University norms and the UGC indicate teacher-student ratio, it is resolved that the MCTA Headquarters take necessary action to stop outside interference to admit students in excess of the normative capacities in colleges
7. Resolved that the Draft Rules on ‘Mizoram Higher Education Service Rules 2013’ refering to recruitment of Assistant Director: “Vacancies in the Grade shall be filled up by 100% direct recruitment” be substituted by “100% posts shall be filled up from the existing Assistant Professor”
8. Resolved that MCTA Headquarters take steps for proper implementation of RUSA
9. Amendment of the Constitution: Article IX. Clause 1 “Ten or more Lecturers (including Principal) in a college or college level training Institution may constitute an MCTA Branch with the approval of the MCTA Headquarters on application from such Institution” be replaced by “Five or more teachers (including Principal) in a college or college level training Institution may constitute an MCTA Branch with the approval of the MCTA Headquarters on application from such institution” (MCTA Headquarters).
10. Amendment of the Constitution: Article V. clause 1 “Any person working in Government colleges or college level training Institutions of Mizoram under the University Grants Commission (UGC) norms as Lecturers/ Reader/ Professor/ Principal may become a member of MCTA be replaced by “Any person working in Government colleges or college level training Institutions of Mizoram under the University Grants Commission (UGC) norms as Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor/ Professor/ Principal may become a member of the MCTA (MCTA Headquarters).
Election of Office Bearers for 2013-2015 was held after the business session and the following persons were elected:
President : Thanglura, Govt. Aizawl College
Vice-President : J.H. Zoremthanga, Govt. Zirtiri Residential Science College
General Secretary : Dr P.L. Ramliana, Govt. Aizawl West College
Treasurer : H.Lalnunmawia, Govt. T.Romana College