MCTA Leaders Met the Parliamentary Secretary
On 29.4.2013 the Office Bearers of MCTA Hqrs. met the hon'ble Parliamentary Secretary Pu Lalthanzara in his office chamber and submitted representation on the following matters:
- Top Priority be given to payment of 80% UGC arrears w.e.f 1.1.2006 to college teachers as per the MHRD letter dated 14th August, 2012.
- The UGC Regulation 2010 be implemented as a comprehensive scheme which includes 65 years superannuation age.
- PhD./M.Phill incentives be granted as per the UGC Regulation 2010 and as enjoyed by PUC and MZU
- Principal/Professor posts be implemented as per the UGC Scheme
- Vacant posts (90) of assitant professor be filled up as soon as possible
- The Mizoram Higher and Technical Education Service Rules be finalised as soon as possible
- In view of the remote location and minority status of the community Kamalanagar College be provicialised.
The Parliamentary Secretary promised to discussed these matters with the concerned ministries and officials.
MCTA GS & Treasurer Attended AIFUCTO NE Zonal Meeting
AIFUCTO North-Eastern Zonal Meeting was held on 9th March, 2013 at the Guest House of Assam College Teachers' Association (ACTA), Gauhati, Assam. The Meeting was attended by 3 represtatives from Assam and Arunachal Pradesh, 2 representatives each from Mizoram and Meghalaya and 1 each from Manipur and Nagaland. From Mizoram the MCTA General Secretary, Dr P.L. Ramliana and the treasurer Mr H.Lalnunmawia attended the meeting.
The Meeting was chaired by Rana K. Chanmai, President, Assam College Teachers' Association and a brief report of the ongoing activities of the AIFUCTO was presented by Mr Asok Barman, General Secretary, AIFUCTO. Representatives from the participating states gave report of their respective activities and problems faced. In particular, members applauded the efforts of Ms Randhoni Devi in persuading the Goverment of Manipur to implement 65 years superannuation age for college teachers in the state. Mr Asok Barman, answered and clarified several questions raised by the members. Discussions were held regarding implementation of 65 years superannuation age, release of 80% Central Arrears, filling up of vancant posts and other service matters.
Representation Submitted to Hon'ble Minister, Pu Lalsawta
DISCUSSION POINTS OF THE MEETING BETWEEN MCTA HEADQUATERS AND PU LALSAWTA, HON’BLE MINISTER, HIGHER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT ON 6th DECEMBER, 2012
On 6th December, 2012 the Office Bearers of the MCTA Hqrs. submitted a representation to Pu Lalsawta, hon'ble minister, Higher & Technical Education Department and discuss the following issues.
1. 80% Central Arrears: The Union Cabinet has approved the proposal for payment of 80% of Central share consequent upon the implementation of 6th UGC Pay in the State irrespective of superannuation age and the MHRD order for submission of the requirements has been received by the Department. The MCTA Hqrs. has approached the Hon’ble State Finance Minister, Pu H. Liansailova and following his instruction the file is in process for Cabinet decision. However, this has taken a very long time and the matter needs to be expedited.
2. Ph.D./M.Phil. Incentives: After the implementation of the 2010 UGC Regulation in Mizoram, Ph.D./M.Phil. degree holders in colleges are having a problem regarding the incentive of three non compounded increments specified by the UGC. The Department has its own interpretation which is not in line with how it is being implemented in MZU/PUC (which is following the same UGC Regulation). The matter needs to be resolved soon as this has kept many degree holders frustrated.
Read more ...