Transfer of College Teachers not Acceptable to MCTA
The Committee on Manpower Assessment, under DP&AR(ARW), Govt. of Mizoram had recently issued its report and recommendations. According to the Recommendations several college teachers are to be transfered from one college to another where there is shortage of teachers, and H&TE department is directed to implement the recommendation within two months.
The leaders of the MCTA Hqrs. discussed the matter and immediately approach the Secretary of H&TE department, Pi Esther Lalruatkimi. The MCTA Hqrs. conveyed to the Secretary that the assessment and recommendations had not considered the UGC rules which govern colleges in Mizoram. The MCTA Hqrs. also learned that the assessment was made way back in 2009 and as such it cannot reflect the actual manpower requirement at present especially in view of the introduction of the new semester system from the current academic session.
The MCTA Hqrs. leaders have also submitted representation to the secretary, DP&AR(ARW), expressing their unwillingness to accept the recommendations which overlooked the UGC norms as well as the Semester System. The officials of DP&AR assured them that they will look into the matter and reassessment will be made if the need arise.
MCTA TO OBSERVE DEMANDS DAY ON 5th SEPTEMBER
The MCTA Headquarters has issued circulation to all member branches to observe 'Demands Day' on 5th September, 2011 by wearing black badges. The decision was made in the Headquarters Executive Meeting held on 1.9.2011 at MCTA Office, in Aizawl. This is in support of the movement led by the All India Federation of University & College Teachers' Organisation (AIFUCTO) and as per the decision made by the NEC on 26.8.2011. The demands of the MCTA & AIFUCTO to the Central and State Government are:
1) To release the 80% Central Assistance for pay revision
2) To release the pending state arrear from 1.1.2009
3) To rectify pay anomalies on the basis of AIFUCTO recommendations
4) To withdraw PFRDA Bill
5) To implement UGC Regulations on CAS and Ph.D prospectively and not retrospectively
6) To stop Commercialization and privatization of Education - withdraw the Bills on higher education
33rd MCTA Annual Conference scheduled to be held on 17th Nov., 2011
The MCTA Hqrs. Executive meeting held on 3rd August, 2011 resolved that the 33rd MCTA Annual General Conference be held at Aizawl on 17th November, 2011. The Committee, presided over by Dr. R.Zonuntluanga, Vice President of MCTA Hqrs., further resolved that all member Branches should submit their Branch reports and proposal for Conference agenda on or before 30th October, 2011. Also discussing various other issues, the Executive Meeting made the following resolutions:
1. The Government of Mizoram be pressurized to release all pay arrears arising out of the implementation of the 6th UGC Pay as was already given to all other government employees under the Government of Mizoram.
2. Setting of UG question papers be done only by College teachers and not PG teachers as was practiced in recent years. To this effect the MCTA Hqrs would submit representation to the authority of MZU. The meeting also resolved that external invigilator for practical examination be appointed from affiliated colleges. This should be brought to the notice of MZU.
3. The Committee also appointed Dr. Lalnuntluanga and Mr. Zirlianngura as auditors for the MCTA Account 2010-2011.
4. The Committee also discussed pending files concerning the format of PBAS/API at the Secretariat. It was reported that the Secretariat is now moving the files as requested by the Hqrs for approval of DP&AR.