Annual General Conference 2015 Held Successfully
The 37th MCTA Annual General Conference 2015 was held successfully at IASE Conference Hall, Aizawl, on 11.12.2013. The inaugural function was graced by Pu K.Lalnghinglova, Commissioner, H&TE Dept. as Chief Guest and Pu R.Lalrosanga, Directeor, H&TE Dept. as Guest of Honour. The Chief Guest presented the MCTA Best Teacher Award 2015 to Dr Lalthansangi, Associate Professor, Govt. Aizawl College and the Guest of Honour released the MCTA Directory and Conference Proceedings. 187 members of the Association attended the conference.
In the Business session Dr. P.L. Ramliana, General Secretary gave a detail report of the activities of the MCTA Hqrs during the year 2014-2015. The Report highlighted that there are 193 Assistant Professors, 424 Associate Professors and 11 Professors in the MCTA. The number of vacant posts as reported by member branches was 127 and 11 teachers retired during the year 2015. In the business session the following Resolutions were passed:
1. The MZU be pressurized not to implement Choice Based Credit System until and unless properly learned about the introduction of CBCS in other states.
2. Steps be taken to establish PG Departments in colleges as per NAAC Peer team recommendations.
3. The State Government be pressureised to fill up all vacant posts of Asst. Professors in all the Colleges.
4.The Government of Mizoram be moved to provide sufficient teachers as per the UGC Regulations by means of fresh recruitment
5. The Government of Mizoram be requested to maintain at least the minimum strength of faculty in each department of the colleges
RESOLUTIONS OF EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON 14.10.2015
MIZORAM COLLEGE TEACHERS’ ASSOCIATION: HEADQUARTERS, AIZAWL
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
Date: 14th October, 2015 (1:00PM)
Place: MCTA Committee Room
Members present: 16
The meeting was chaired by the President, Pu Thanglura. The chairman expressed the MCTA opinion regarding the recent birth of private college in Aizawl. He said that discussions were held with the authorities in this regard and that suggestions were submitted. The chairman also reported that the government recently promoted 13 MCTA members to the post of Professor. He further reported about speedy actions being taken by the government for filling up of Principals’ post and that notices for interview have been served to 22 candidates. On learning that these are the results of MCTA’s continued demand, we appreciate the actions taken by the government.
After these reports, the General Secretary also reported that the MZP handed over a commendable certificate of appreciation to the MCTA on Teachers’ Day (5th Sept.2015). We receive this with a hearty welcome. Besides, preparation for MCTA Directory, condolence meeting held on 7.8.2016 in honour of Pu P.Dokunga, Associate Professor of Govt. Aziawl College in which condolence gift of Rs.100,000 was handed over to his family, were also reported by the GS.
MCTA Annual General Conference 2015: The following have been discussed and resolved in connection with the Conference 2015.
1) The date for the Conference is proposed to be held on 10th December 2015. The Venue of the Conference is at IASE Conference Hall, Republic Veng, Aizawl. (The date has been finalised and confirmed in consultation with IASE and the MZU).
2) The MCTA IASE Branch is entrusted with the charge of Ushering, Reception, Decoration, Refreshment, Dinner. The expenditure shall be borne by the MCTA Headquarters as usual. Expenditure on Dinner may be restricted to Rs.250 per head.
3) Banners for the Conference shall be prepared and put up by MCTA, Govt. T.Romana College.
4) It was decided that Chief Guest shall be appointed and invited for the Conference. Lt. Gen Nirbhay Sharma (Rtd), the Governor of Mizoram is the first choice. In case the Governor is not available, Pu Lalthanhawla, the Chief Minister may be invited, and if the Chief Minister is unavailable, the concerned Minister (H&TE) Pu R. Romawia shall be invited as Chief Guest.
5) Auditing of the MCTA Accounts: The following members are appointed as auditors of the MCTA Accounts
1. Pu Lalchangliana, GHBC as Senior Auditor
2. Prof. R.Lalnuntluanga, GANC as Jr Auditor
The period of accounts that should be audited is 19.11.2014 to 18.11.2015. The Accounts shall be audited at the MCTA Office on 18.11.2015 (11:00AM).
6) Election to the Office of the MCTA Headquarters for the term of 2015-2017 shall be held in the Conference. MJA may be invited to conduct the election.
7) Detail Programme of the Conference shall be finalised by the Office Bearers.
8) It was discussed whether nominations for the election shall be made. The Committee is of the opinion that such is not necessary.
9) It is desired that in the Conference booklet, names of the existing OBs shall be reflected and also that Obituary and names of those who retire during the year.
10) It is expected that all Branches shall submit their reports and agenda on or before 13.11.2015
11) After deliberation, the Committee proposes these agenda to be discussed at the Annual General Conference 2015.
1. The Government may be requested to fill up vacant posts as many as possible by fresh recruitment.
III. Revision of remuneration for Examination: The Committee is of the view that upward revision of remuneration for exam related activities is due now. The matter needs to be brought to the notice of the MZU authorities and discussed.
IV. Guidelines for monitoring the services of Part time teachers: The MCTA feels that a meaningful set of guidelines for monitoring the services of part-time teachers is in urgent need. It is decided that the OBs should take up this issue by discussing with the authorities. There are currently 150 part time teachers, and 47 contract teachers.
V. Publication of Seminar Proceedings: The Committee receives report of the ongoing steps being taken for the publication of proceedings of the Seminar held in December 2014, and Directory of MCTA members. These two are slated to be released at the MCTA Annual General Conference 2015.
VI. Mizoram College Teacher Award: As was discussed in the earlier meeting of the MCTA, the President suggested that a Selection Committee be formed towards the implementation of the same. The suggestion was weighted and accepted by the Committee. The following persons shall be the members of Selection Committee:
Convener: Prof Sangkima (Rtd)
Members: 1. Dr.H.Vanlalhluna 2. Pu Zochungnunga
It was agreed that members of the Selection Committee be given a remuneration of Rs.1000 each. Steps should be taken that the award be given at the time of the Conference. The form for Nomination shall be reviewed and finalised by the President, General Secretary and the Secretary, i/c Organisation. As soon as the proforma is finalised, it should be circulated to each branch of MCTA for nominating not more than two teachers from them. Nominations should be submitted to the Headquarters on or before 20th November 2015.
General Secretary, MCTA Hqrs.
MCTA's Letter to the Prime Minister
No.MCTA/PMO/2011-13/ Date: 12.08.2015
The Honourable Prime Minister of India
Raisina Hill: New Delhi
Subject: Conveying of the Mizoram College Teachers resolution in support of the AIFUCTO.
First of all, I am indebted to express my warmest greetings to you on behalf of the Mizoram College Teachers’ Association (MCTA), with 645 strong members and which is affiliated to the AIFUCTO.
I may also seek your kind permission to state to you Sir, that we the MCTA members firmly believe that teachers of colleges and universities in India as a whole are the cornerstones of development by way of their valuable contributions to the nation and builders of the nation by virtue of their sustained education of the huge mass of youths in the country. For this reason and others, if the nation is to flourish and remain in the right track of development, we earnestly suggest that the voices of AIFUCTO be heard by any far-sighted government, and especially one under your leadership. While this is so, I may emphasise that teachers’ community in the Higher Education sector has quite a number of unresolved issues and demands which still remain unfulfilled even under your dynamic ministry. Consequent upon this, the MCTA has a resolution that the Honourable Prime Minister be moved to kindly look into the demands of the AIFUCTO for early response. The demands are:
- Immediate Formation of VII Pay Review Committee
- MHRD Approval of UGC Decisions on 3rd Amendment of UGC Regulations 2010 and Ph.D Regulations 2009
- Minister- HRD Appointment to AIFUCTO FEDCUTA to discuss the long standing professional demands
- Roll back Choice Based Credit System and CU Bill 2013
- Scrapping of API
- Extension of date for RC & OC up to December 2015
- UGC Pay Scales for all categories of teachers
- Stop commercialisation of Higher Education
- Reject Pension Scheme for 2004
- Consult Teachers’ Organisation on Education Policies
1. Honourable Minister, Human Resource Development, Govt. of India Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi for her kind information and necessary action.
2. Shri Ashok Barman, General Secretary, AIFUCTO for information.