Memorundum Submitted in Support of AIFUCTO
No. MCTA/GC/2011-13/4, Date: 17.02.12
The Honourable Chief Minister
Subject: Memorandum on Implementation of 6th Pay Revision submitted in support of AIFUCTO.
I beg to submit this memorandum to you for your kind attention and necessary action as and where these are necessary. Sir, I also beg to inform you that the Mizoram College Teachers’ Association is affiliated to the All India Federation of College and University Teachers Organisation (AIFUCTO).
It has been known to you Sir, that the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education in its letter to the University Grants Commission (UGC) which was also appended in the Mizoram Gazette, vide No.G.12017/6/2009-HTE, the 25th Nov, 2010 (pp.48-61) read that the Financial assistance from the Central Government to State Governments opting to revise pay scales of teachers and other equivalent cadre covered under the scheme shall be limited to the extent of 80% (eighty percent) of the expenditure involved in the implementation of the revision for the period of 1.01.2006 to 31.03.2010.
However, the Central Government has not released the financial support to any state till today, merely on the ground that the states have not adopted the retirement age of 65 years for college teachers. This shows that the Centre has reneged on its promise for financial assistance after all the states have adopted its recommendations. This is most unfortunate for the states of India, and especially for Mizoram. For this reason, the AIFUCTO in its National Executive Council meeting held in Gulbarga, Karnataka on 15th January, 2012 decided to stage a Protest Day in all state capitals followed by court arrest programme in Delhi to be started from 14th March 2010. Besides it also decided that all affiliates should submit memorandums to all Chief Ministers and State Governors for the following demands
- Immediate payment of arrears by the Central and state Governments
- Stop commercialization of higher education
- Remove anomalies in UGC Regulations (pay scales & Ph.D) & date extension of RC/OC
- Notification of CAS by the state governments
- Payment of justified salaries following UGC & AICTE pay scales to contractual, ad hoc, part time, guest teachers by the state funded universities, college and research institutes and self financing institutions.
- Complete parity between teachers, librarians and DPEs regarding pay scales and retirement age.
- Withdrawal of new pension scheme and national debate on the educational bills
In support of the decision of the AIFUCTO, the Mizoram College Teachers’ Association (MCTA) may therefore submit this memorandum for your kind information, with a request to obtain your kind favour in this regard.
- The Honourable Minister, Higher & Technical Education, Mizoram
- The Honourable Minister, Finance Department, Mizoram
- Members of Parliament, Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha from Mizoram
- Secretary, Higher & Technical Education, Govt. of Mizoram